We haven’t reached panic stations by any means, but the 25th is fast-approaching so it probably is time to give some thought to Christmas shopping. Some of you ultra-organized folk may have already completed yours (a very alien concept to many of us), but there will be those still searching for the ideal gift for the golfer they love.
Here are ten perfect gifts for a golfer that we whole-heartedly recommend–products we have used ourselves this year and are made by companies we admire or have become interested in. And, rather importantly, they can still be found, purchased, and sent in good time. But you gotta get on it.
Monarch of the Green – $24
Written by retired newspaper editor Stephen Proctor, Monarch of the Green chronicles the life, career, and achievements of the 19th Century’s most talented golfer–Young Tom Morris. Proctor began his research after a visit to the Auld Grey Toon in 2006, and the years of dedicated effort and devotion to his subject shine through. Must-read for golf history fans.
Subtle Patriot Covert Man Kit – $40
We featured Subtle Patriot’s cool line of bags, luggage, and accessories in May and were impressed not only with the quality of the products and the cool, understated branding, but also CEO Tom Gocke’s plan to honor veterans by donating a portion of all sales to SAP’s NS2 Serves program which trains and employs military personnel in high-tech careers.
The Covert Man Kit is an 11”x8” accessory with five sections and an internal main compartment. It also features:
- 6” X 7.5” mesh storage pocket with moisture protective coating
- Uni-directional, antique silver hanging hook with containment sleeve
- 6 ½” x 6 1/2” external front storage pocket
- Replaceable logo patch for quick customization
- Easy grab custom top handle
- Four internal, variable sized, quick access, security sleeves
Under Armour Storm Golf Beanie – $30
- UA Storm technology repels water without sacrificing breathability
- Ultra-soft knit fabric with a smooth exterior & a plush interior for just the right amount of warmth
- All-over debossed pattern on outer for added detail
- Woven golf label & heat seal UA logo
- 85% Polyester/15% Elastane
Adidas Tour360 PrimeKnit – $180
Waterproof upper wraps the foot promoting easy, natural movement. Boost, the responsive cushioning material, is incorporated into the sole. X-Traxion primary lugs provide great grip and balance.
Rapsodo Mobile Launch Monitor – $450
The MLM is automatically-calibrated so you can simply download the app, connect your MLM via Bluetooth and start hitting. The MLM provides accurate measurements for shot distance, ball speed, club speed, launch angle, launch direction and shot shape. You can review your shots with an active tracer, and also share videos. GPS maps show your shot scatter on the range, and you can play interactive games with other users.
Sub 70 939X Hybrid – $130
The Sub 70 939X Hybrid has been one of the finds of the year. Constructed with high-grade 455 Carpenter Steel and featuring an ultra-thin crown and 1.8 millimeter thick face, the 939X produces mid-high trajectory ball flight with low spin. Hosel adjustability and weight ports give you options for face angle and swing weight.
Evan Schiller Golf Shots 2020 Calendar – $23
Connecticut-based Evan Schilling has developed into one of the world’s best course photographers and has captured most of the world’s great courses with his Hasselblad H6D-50 and Inspire 2 drone. Twelve of his finest images are showcased in this beautiful 2020 wall calendar.
Seamus Denver Nuggets Ball Marker – $35
Hand Forged from bronze in collaboration with the National Basketball Association.
Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-Way Bag – $230
- Fourteen individual club dividers run the full-length of the bag
- Nine pockets include a full-length clothing pocket, hydration pouch, multiple accessory pockets and a water-resistant, velour-lined valuables pocket.
- Cart-friendly features include a cart strap pass-through, leg-lock system and cart-friendly bottom.
- Matching rainhood included.
Bushnell Tour V4 JOLT – $330
- Improved focus ring above the eyepiece makes adjusting focus quick and easy
- Range of five to 1,000 yards, and accurate to within a yard
- JOLT technology makes the unit vibrate when it locks in on the right target
- Water-resistant, two-year warranty, settings for both yards and meters
For more on the latest and greatest gear in golf, visit our GEAR PAGE.
Colorado AvidGolfer Magazine is the state’s leading resource for golf and the lifestyle that surrounds it, publishing eight issues annually and proudly delivering daily content via coloradoavidgolfer.com.