In this edition of Get Golf Fit presented by Michelob Ultra, Karin Hart demonstrates Tricep Kick Backs and Lateral Skaters. These exercises will help you build strength, gain power and improve flexibility to see improved performance on the golf course.
TRICEP KICK BACKS
Targets: Shoulders and triceps
Tricep Kicks Backs are an exercise that strengthen and tone the arms. They may improve power and strength and help improve your body’s support during a golf swing. Many other muscles are engaged and used for stabilization during this exercise as well, like your lower body and back.
- Bend forward slightly and split your legs to be in a pre-lunge position
- Engage your core and keep your head, neck, and spine in-line and supported.
- With one arm extended and holding a dumbbell, complete a row to your rib cage.
- Then “kick back” the dumbbell to extend your arm horizontally and thus, engaging your tricep.
- Come back to starting position and repeat for another rep.
- Do 10-15 reps on each side.
Targets: Lower body + cardio
Lateral skaters are a very popular cardio exercise that strengthen the lower body and improve one’s cardiovascular shape. They may improve mobility and balance and help improve your body’s support during a golf swing. Many other muscles are engaged and used for stabilization during this exercise as well, like your core.
- Start in a squat position.
- Jump sideways from left to right, landing on one leg each time.
- One leg will swing behind the front leg while you remain balanced.
- Going from left to right and then back completes one rep.
- Do 15-20 reps on each side.
Follow Colorado AvidGolfer on Instagram at @ColoradoAvidGolfer
Follow Jason Witczak on Instagram at @JWitPGA
Also, follow Karin Hart on Instagram at @KarinHart
Visit the official Michelob Ultra site here.
Want more golf fitness tips? Visit our LIFESTYLE PAGE.
Colorado AvidGolfer Magazine is the state’s leading resource for golf and the lifestyle that surrounds it, publishing eight issues annually and proudly delivering daily content via coloradoavidgolfer.com.