In this edition of Get Golf Fit presented by Michelob Ultra, Karin Hart demonstrates the Squat Press. This exercises will help you build strength, gain power and improve flexibility to see improved performance on the golf course.
Targets: Full Body
Inchworms are a very popular exercise that works the entire body, but especially the shoulders and core. They may improve your strength and balance and help you improve your golf swing. Many other muscles are engaged and used for stabilization during this exercise as well.
Squat Press Step-by-Step Instructions
- Assume athletic stance with feet slightly wider than shoulder width.
- Pick a dumbbell that seems challenging, but not too heavy to start. (You can always start with lower weight and progress from there.)
- Hold a dumbbell at your shoulder with your palms facing in.
- Keeping your back straight and knees behind toes, sink hips back and lower into a squat position.
- Squat down until thighs are parallel to ground (unless movement is restricted).
- Extend hips and knees to drive up out of squat position and press dumbbell overhead.
- Make sure to rotate at the same time, pressing the dumbbell across your body to add the rotational component to this exercise.
- Lower the dumbbell to your shoulder to complete one rep.
- Do 8-10 reps of the Squat Press on each side.
Follow Colorado AvidGolfer on Instagram at @ColoradoAvidGolfer
Follow Jason Witczak on Instagram at @JWitPGA
Also, follow Karin Hart on Instagram at @KarinHart
Visit the official Michelob Ultra site here.
Want more golf fitness tips? Visit our LIFESTYLE PAGE.
Colorado AvidGolfer Magazine is the state’s leading resource for golf and the lifestyle that surrounds it, publishing eight issues annually and proudly delivering daily content via coloradoavidgolfer.com.