Can you master golf’s father-son connection?
Craig and Kevin Stadler may be the first father and son to play in the same Masters, but the game has connected fathers and sons forever. As proof, consider the number of golf jokes featuring God and Jesus. The following clues refer to notable golf legacies through history, starting with Old and Young Toms and ending with a pair of Colorado champions.
Take the quiz then scroll down for answers!
1. They won seven British Opens between them.
2. They won six British Opens between them, including the inaugural one.
3. The Bear and his now-amateur heir.
4. Demon Deacon dynasty from two generations.
5. First father and son to play in same PGA Championship.
6. Both triumphed on the PGA Tour, with dad winning three majors.
7. Two Buffs: One a World Golf Hall of Famer; the other a recent CGA Mid-Am Player of the Year.
8. Dad won a Masters; son has taught multiple major winners.
9. Senior British Open winner and 2010 Colorado Golf Association Player of Year.
WARNING: Answers below!
1. Old and Young Tom Morris
2. Willie Park and Willie Park Jr.
3. Jack and Gary Nicklaus
4. Jay and Bill Haas
5. Al and Brent Geiberger
6. Julius and Guy Boros
7. Hale and Steve Irwin
8. Claude and Butch Harmon
9. Mark and Gunner Wiebe