In this edition of Get Golf Fit presented by Michelob Ultra, Jason Witczak and Karin Hart demonstrate two exercises: Bridge Toe-Taps and Push-Ups. These exercises will help you build strength, gain power and improve flexibility to see improved performance on the golf course.
Targets: Abdominals, shoulders and hamstrings
The bride toe-tap is a bodyweight exercise that strengthens the core, shoulders and hamstrings. It may improve mobility and balance and help improve your body’s support during a golf swing. Many other muscles are engaged and used for stabilization during this exercise as well.
- Sit on your mat and place your hands on the ground, underneath your shoulders.
- Press into your hands and lift your hips up into the air.
- Keeping your hips raised, lift One leg off the ground and reach and touch it weith the opposite side’s hand.
- Return to starting position and repeat with the other side.
- Complete 10 reps on each side.
Targets: Upper body (Pectorals and triceps) and abdominals
Push-ups target the chest, shoulders and triceps (even your core, back, and legs too!) For being a relatively simple exercise, push-ups are one of the best bodyweight exercises to build strength.
- Begin with your chest and stomach flat on the floor—legs should be straight out behind you and arms bent out at a 45-degree angle.
- Push from your hands and heels, bringing your entire body off the ground while keeping your back straight.
- Pause for a second, while still keeping your core engaged.
- Lower back in to the starting position.
- *You can balance on your knees instead of your feet as a good modification to make this exercise easier.
Follow Colorado AvidGolfer on Instagram at @ColoradoAvidGolfer
Follow Jason Witczak on Instagram at @JWitPGA
Also, follow Karin Hart on Instagram at @KarinHart
Visit the official Michelob Ultra site here.
Want more golf fitness tips? Visit our LIFESTYLE PAGE.
Colorado AvidGolfer Magazine is the state’s leading resource for golf and the lifestyle that surrounds it, publishing eight issues annually and proudly delivering daily content via coloradoavidgolfer.com.