EVENT: The Masters (Augusta National)
WHY WE’RE WATCHING: How long do you have? Golf’s most tradition-rich event never fails to deliver dramatic moments and legacy-altering results. Plus, Tiger Woods y’all. He is expected to tee off at 10:34 a.m. ET Thursday.
COURSE INFO: The genius in the MacKenzie/Jones design is in the risk-reward back nine par-5s and the devilish par-3 12th, where championship dreams go to die.
THE FAVS: Jon Rahm (+1200), Justin Thomas (+1300), Cameron Smith and Scottie Scheffler (+1600). Defending champ Hideki Matsuyama fell to +5000 because of a neck injury.
INSIGHT: Tiger has received 10.2% of our total Outright Winner handle. Next comes Justin Thomas (7.2%), Jordan Spieth (5.4%), Brooks Koepka (5.3%), Rahm (4.7%) and Scheffler (4.6%).
TIGER BOOST: Woods has never missed the Masters cut as a professional and yet, we’re offering plus-money (+125) on him to be included in the top 50 and ties.
BUBBA BOOST: We’ll be featuring these daily boosts on our Name A Bet page. So far we’ve got Bubba to win at +7000 (up from +6000) and Bubba to beat three fellow Troon Golf ambassadors at +800 (up from +700).
Find all Masters boosted bets HERE
Read The Line
The 86th Masters Points from RTL
- I will be betting Tiger Woods this week. Why? I like money.
- He has the 5th lowest scoring average at The Masters in the field. Top 20?
- He’s never missed the cut as a professional in 21 tries. Make the Cut?
- His career 1st round scoring average over 23 first rounds is 71.8. Over/Under 75.5?
- 14 Top 10’s, 12 Top 5’s, 5 wins!
PointsBet has the best odds on Tiger winning at +6000! The last time Tiger’s odds were that high was when he went head to head with Bob Hope on the Mike Douglas Show! Don’t kid yourself, he’s healthy and ready to go.
- Look at those Official World Golf Rankings before you place those Green Jacket bets… in the last 12 Masters, nobody ranked higher than #29 in the world has won. By the way, #29 right now is Will Zalatoris.
- Conversely, nobody who was in the Top 10 in the OWGR on 12/31/21 has won in 2022!
- That’s Rahm, Morikawa, DJ, Cantlay, Bryson, Xander, JT, Viktor, Rory and Louie.
- Hey “Live” bettors, this is a front runner’s course. The last time someone won outside the Top 10 after 36 holes was Charl Schwartzel in 2011. He was 12th at the halfway point.
- My key stat of the week? Par 4 Scoring
- Everyone talks about how difficult the Par 3’s are at Augusta National. Did you know if you take the average historical data for hole difficulty and separate it by par, the Par 4’s as a group play harder than the Par 3’s?
- Average Par 4 difficulty: 7.4
- Average Par 3 difficulty: 7.75
- Keith’s Question: Augusta National is the toughest course for around the green play on the PGA Tour. Can you tell me who leads the tour in Strokes Gained: Around the Green? Here’s a hint, he’s from South Africa.
For more compelling golf betting content make sure you subscribe and follow award winning PGA Professional Keith Stewart at Read The Line.
Up to $1,500 back if you lose your first Pointsbetting wager and up to $500 back if you lose your first Fixed Odds wager