Premier Golf Travel Company Celebrates 30 Years of Service
Few tour operators—golf related or otherwise—offer the spit-and-polish class and diversity of PerryGolf. The celebrated North Carolina-based company is renown for faultlessly executing unique and exceptional golf outings for individuals and groups.
The tour operator’s popularity—it coordinates trips for nearly 2,700 passengers annually—stems from a consistent, unfaltering mantra to provide the ultimate in golf lifestyle vacations. And in testament to its success, it celebrates its 30th anniversary this month.
Here are 10 things to know about PerryGolf:
1. It delivers detailed itineraries before customers travel, including confirmed tee times and sightseeing options, plus full profiles of accommodations and local transportation.
2. A PerryGolf-employed concierge meets each group and accompanies it throughout the trip to coordinate specific needs and minimize the stress of foreign travel. The concierge is also the group’s guide, interpreter and driver.
3. Want a hard-to-secure tee time at the Old Course at St. Andrews, Scotland? Book it through PerryGolf.
4. Tours that include VIP tickets to major golf events like the Ryder Cup and British Open are extremely popular and should be booked months in advance.
5. While Scotland, Ireland, England and Wales underscore its bread-and-butter golf tours, PerryGolf hosts groups in many other countries including Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Portugal, Spain and Italy as well as hosting specially escorted trips to emerging golf destinations like Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam.
6. Sailboat tours of the Caribbean (St. Croix, Nevis and St. Bart’s) and the Mediterranean (France, Italy, Corsica and Sicily), as well as European hotel barge cruises (France and England) are entirely all-inclusive—including golf, dining, boutique wines, open bar, port taxes and gratuities.
7. Trip transportation also might include luxurious Mercedes-Benz vans, helicopters, trains and ocean liners (think the QE2).
8. If you’re a foodie, don’t miss PerryGolf’s Epicurean Golf Tours to Scotland, Spain, France, Italy, Portugal, New Zealand and Australia.
9. Travelers are issued detailed street maps designed exclusively for PerryGolf customers. Just as crucial, the company has forged alliances with its on-site business partners and suppliers to further enhance its turnkey services.
10. Detailed trip quotes are available through PerryGolf’s online trip calculator or via telephone with a real-person travel expert.
“Over the last 30 years, the fundamentals of golf travel have never changed,” said Gordon Dalgleish, who launched PerryGolf with brother Colin, a former Scottish Amateur champ and Walker Cup player. “It’s still about teeing it up at a famous links course, playing 18 holes with friends or family, having a beer and nice dinner, and staying at a nice hotel.
“What has changed significantly is how you get to the first tee,” he explained. “Our goal has always been to provide the very best that we can, with the greatest degree of style, for a reasonable cost.”
For information, go online to perrygolf.com or call (800) 344-5257.
Durango resident Chris Duthie is a contributor to Colorado AvidGolfer, the state’s leading resource for golf and the lifestyle that surrounds it. It publishes eight issues annually and proudly delivers daily content via www.coloradoavidgolfer.com.