Tucson — a home for professional golf for decades — offers a wide variety of courses and experiences, all set in the beauty of the Sonoran Desert. There is something about this uncluttered natural setting that inspires, on the golf course and off.
An example is Tucson’s thriving craft beer scene, with 14 active breweries and another dozen on the way. Each is producing a spectrum of styles ranging from lagers and IPAs to coffee stouts and barrel-aged sours. To celebrate a blossoming beer scene poised to become a haven for craft beer in the Southwest, we’ve compiled a list of 10 of Tucson’s most signature brews.
- Barrio Brewing Company Mocha Java Stout (Nitro) – 5.5%
- Sentinel Peak Dewpoint Dunkel – 5.7%
- Pueblo Vida Brewing Company Breakfast Stout – 5%
- Iron John’s Pedro Double IPA – 8.1%
- Dragoon Stronghold Session – 4.8%
- Public Brewhouse Poppy IPA Series – 6.5%
- Ten 55 XoXo Coffee Stout – 4.7%
- Pueblo Vida Brewing Company Bavarian Hefeweizen – 5.4%
- Borderlands Brewing Co. Citrana (Gose) – 6.5%
- Dragoon Brewing Company IPA – 7.3%
It’s one man’s opinion, sure, but if you’re looking for what to drink during your next Tucson golfing getaway, Tucson’s Top 10 Craft Beers are a solid start.
More info on Tucson: VisitTucson.org.
Colorado AvidGolfer is the state’s leading resource for golf and the lifestyle that surrounds it, publishing eight issues annually and proudly delivering daily content via coloradoavidgolfer.com. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.