Book Now for End of Season Specials
Not yet ready to let go of summer? Consider a trip south to Scottsdale, where golfers are pampered with cerulean skies, ideal-temperature evenings and sweet, money-saving opportunities.
Here is a sensational sixsome of Scottsdale’s better deals:
1. TPC Scottsdale is renovating its famed Stadium Course and clubhouse, but its sister layout, the Randy Heckenkemper-designed Champions Course, is still a Bertha-banging experience. Through Sept. 14, the course is offering unlimited golf for $39 per player, valid all day Monday through Thursday and after 11 a.m. Friday through Sunday. Pay $10 more on Sunday to tee off before 11 a.m. For details call 480-585-4334 or go online to tpc.com/tpc-scottsdale.
2. Fans of the TPC Scottsdale might also consider the “Championship Golf Package Arizona” at The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, located immediately adjacent to the TPC. Package is offered year-round and includes luxury accommodations, a round of golf at the TPC’s Champions Course or Grayhawk Golf Club, practice balls, transportation to the course and concierge booking services. Through October the rates range up to $640, double occupancy. For details and restrictions call 480-585-4848 or go online to fairmont.com/scottsdale.
3. Just northwest of Scottsdale, Quintero Golf Club is offering a “Stay and Play Package” that includes two rounds of Rees Jones-designed golf and a two-night stay in one of the property’s fully furnished luxury golf villas. Available through Sept. 21 beginning at $129 per person, per night, double occupancy, with a two-night minimum stay. Guests are responsible for a $500 refundable security deposit and a $125 non-refundable cleaning deposit. For information call 928-501-1500 or go online to quinterogolf.com
4. Westin Kierland Resort & Spa is offering an “Unlimited Golf For Two” package for resort guests who intend to immerse themselves in its 27-hole golf complex designed by Scott Miller. Ask about touring the surprisingly hilly layout via Segway, Golf Bike or GolfBoard. Rates start at $429, and are available through Dec. 31. For information call 800-354-5892 or go online to westinkierland.com.
5. The “Stay and Play Golf Package” at luxurious Boulders Resort includes one round of golf on the 36 hole Jay Morrish-designed golf complex, private casita accommodations, $25 per person lunch voucher and complimentary access to the Waldorf Astoria Spa. Also, the resort recently added Internet-connected Digital Caddies tablets to it fleet of golf carts. Rates start at $349 a night per person, double occupancy, through Dec. 31. For information call 866-397-6520 or go online to theboulders.com.
6. At the JW Marriott Camelback Inn Resort & Spa guests may book the “Unlimited Golf Package” through May 2015. The offer includes unlimited golf at 36-hole Camelback Golf Club, GPS-equipped golf cart, unlimited practice balls, advanced tee times, breakfast, club storage and more. Rates start at $199 per person. For details and restrictions call 480-948-1700 or go online to marriott.com.
Durango resident Chris Duthie is a contributor to Colorado AvidGolfer, the state’s leading resource for golf and the lifestyle that surrounds it. It publishes eight issues annually and proudly delivers daily content via www.coloradoavidgolfer.com.